Friday, September 25, 2009

Ray Comfort and Creationism

For the record, I did not go looking for videos on Ray Comfort or creationism today. I ran across the video that follows because I have Google alerts set for things like "early church fathers" and "council of nicea."

A blog that one of those alerts turned up sent me to this video.

I tell you why that's important down below.

Here's the video:



Ok, here's the point. Do you think that any non-Christian who sees that video will ever listen to Ray Comfort again?

The problem is that I read a quote by Ray Comfort calling scientists liars and saying that liars will go to hell. In the meantime, he and many others who are calling them liars are not doing enough research to find out whether anyone actually is lying.

I understand that anti-evolutionists are just trying to read the Bible the way it is written. They are trying to read Genesis literally, and some believe that if you can't read the creation story in Genesis at face value, then you can't trust anything else in the Bible. So they firmly close their eyes, and they hold to a young earth or they oppose evolution despite all the evidence for it.

I don't even have a problem with that, but I can't do it myself.

What I have a problem with is accusing people of lying who aren't lying!

Christians, Creationism, and False Accusations



In 1994, I saw a TV show where Dr. Robert Gentry accused Donald Johansen of lying about his discover of Lucy, the Australopithecus Afarensis skeleton. A few days later I pointed out to an evolutionist in a CompuServe forum that scientists are deceitful.

What I found out is that Christians like Bob Gentry are deceitful. Donald Johansen didn't tell any lies, and the false accusation against him had been exposed some 15 years later. However, that didn't stop Dr. Gentry and the creation museum he was doing the show for from repeating the false accusation.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to get on TV and accuse someone of lying, you need to do a little research.

Don't you think that a literal reading of the Bible would lead you to do so?

It's one thing to disagree with evolution without researching it. It's quite another to make a liar or a fool of yourself publicly defending your disagreement. It doesn't help the cause of Christ; it harms it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, and I'll even let links be posted, particularly on the subject of evolution from either side. No spam, and no pointless links. The comments are moderated.